rethinkCAFÉ in collaboration with The London Design Festival and the Service Design Fringe Festival is hosting Service Design Sprints‘ first West Coast Sprint Master’s full day bootcamp on September 19th from our incubator space located in the heart of San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter. Join us, get certified and learn just what it takes to become a world-class Service Design Sprint Master.
In this program you will learn how to innovate and accelerate business using Design Thinking, Service Design and Lean Startup.
This Boot Camp is a global Sprint Master certification that takes place in Brazil, Japan and the Netherlands.
This certification is an 8-hour immersive and practical program that offers guidance to entrepreneurs and business leaders on how to integrate Design Thinking, Service Design and Lean Startup to create sustainable, desirable and profitable service experiences.
The Boot Camp is designed to provide you with the right service design knowledge to so that you can facilitate your own Service Design Sprints. You will learn to execute this process and be provided with tools to solve a Service Design Sprint challenge. You will work in groups and have discussions in order to create solutions that are more relevant from a customer’s point of view.
A Service Design Sprint is a 4-day Design Thinking intervention that brings together clients, customers, managers and designers in a joint effort to redesign a business’ service experience.
In this boot-camp you will learn how to run service design sprints. It is a Design Thinking and Lean Startup integrated approach capable of delivering entire service experience transformations to businesses worldwide.
Sprints fit any kind of business. From a coffee shop or a veterinary hospital to a startup or a B2B company—they even work for large corporations.
ServiceDesignSprints.com aims to democratize Service Design, using Design Thinking to create more sustainable, desirable, and profitable services. We are a global community of Sprint Masters that you will get to be a part of.
You will be connected to Sprint Masters around the world to share experiences and learning, create opportunities, expand your network, and even facilitate sprints together.
We’ll equip you with written materials and videos to support you in your sprints so that you can also start selling sprints. You will be equipped with cases and presentations in order to run sprints in any company.
Our community is comprised of a diverse membership. We always say that Design is a mental model or a mindset — it is the way you think about solving problems and not your educational background. You don’t need to have knowledge of Design to participate in our courses, nor do you need to be a Designer.
If you want to undertake positive impact, change the way of working within the company you are in, or just want new lenses and tools for your personal life, you are in the right place!
Today we are more than 150 Sprint Masters across United States, Brazil, the Netherlands, England, France, Spain, and Brazil.
How it works:
The first part includes a debate to discuss and answer questions about conceptual themes introduced by The Service Startup:: Design Thinking gets Lean (e.g. MVS model) and how ServiceDesignSprints.com works. We will also share some sprint stories and talk about all the opportunities involved in becoming a Sprint Master.
2) Hands-on Sprint Experience
It´s time to get your hands dirty in a Service Design Sprint, from end-to-end. It will be fast, crazy and super fun. We want to give you the tools, thinking and a glimpse of the energy that flows through a service design sprint.
3) Sprint Master Certification
By the end of the boot-camp, you will be certified as a Sprint Master. The certification will allow you to become part of the ServiceDesignSprints.com global community.
By becoming a Sprint Master, you will get access to several benefits:
– Cases and sales toolkit: You will earn credibility and will be able to deliver proven results. By being an active member, you are allowed to use our cases and sprint stories in order to negotiate your own sprints with your prospects. After all, you’re part of our community. So, they are your stories also 🙂
– Experienced Sprint Masters Support: Yes, problems happen all the time. But if you get in trouble, Sprint Masters Trainers will help you with your sprints.
– Reputation and credibility: You want to show how good you are, we know that. Being part of our community of certified Sprint Masters, you will definitely make it happen. Your member profile on the Web site presents your sprints, your assessments and recommendations. Actions speak louder than words. ServiceDesignSprints.com is growing exponentially to become well known in the design community and business organizations around the world.
– Recruiting helpers: Helpers are future Sprint Masters. People will be happy to help in exchange for experience to later become Sprint Masters themselves. They are under your supervision and you will be connected to our social networks and be given training and content exclusive to community members.
Finally, you will be connected to our social networks and have access to training and exclusive content to the community members only.
The Service Design Fringe Festival is a celebration of all things service design. It takes place along side the London Design Festival 15th – 25th September, and is based in the OXO tower, with other events throughout the city.